Settings of image with coordinates
Calculated corner coordinates copied from IM Coord plug-in to the image settings.
The IMCoord plug-in positions a bitmap image in the 3D canvas. Three data points, with known coordinates (usually wells), are needed to tie the bitmap image to the 3D canvas map.
- Plug-in calculates corner coordinates using project well heads data and well positions picked by user on the image imported into Petrel.
- Plug-in calculates corner coordinates using project or well tops data and well positions picked by user on the image imported into Petrel.
- Plug-in allows user to define scale factor, rotation angle and Z position of the image.
- Plug-in allows estimating shift values to distribute misfit (inaccuracy of input, or mismatch project data with the image) among all data compared in the project and on the image.
- Plug-in allows displaying estimated well positions on the image.
The IMCoord plug-in can use the coordinates from existing wells in the Petrel project or type in the coordinates manually. The resultant positioned image can be used for map digitization.